How To Determine the Best Air Purifier Technology That Matches Your Needs
Here's a immediate reassessment of what's in the air, what injury it can have, and the optimal 9 air disinfectant technologies purchasable for it's removal:
Think Of There Being 3 Kinds of "Stuff" To Remove From The Air:Post ads:
ClaireChase Hampton's Duffel / ULA CAMINO Ultralight Backpack / Paul Frank The Big Face Luggage,Bags (Handbags/Totes) for / Bellino The Rebel Leather Travel Backpack - Brown / CaseCrown Memory Foam Pocket Case (Checkered) for Dell 13 / 2 Item Bundle: Kreative Kids 5971 Nylon Red Sports / Kenneth Cole Reaction Luggage Dont Mess Out On / Badlands Sidewinder Day Pack / Lipault Lourdes Piggyback Bag 20" Wheeled Carry-On / Athalon Luggage Spinner Wheels Construction Plane Case / Handmade Genuine Leather Passport Cover - Fair Trade - / Oakley Men's Icon Pack / KAVU Mini Backpack / Winn International "The Command" Cowhide Napa Leather / Targus Impax Sleeve Designed for 14-Inch Laptops - / TopCase Macbook White 13" 13-inch (A1342 / Latest) 4 in 1 / Volcom - Volcom Backpack - Equilibrium / THE NORTH FACE Recon Daypack TNF BLACK / Dell 15.6 inch Notebook Laptop XPS 15-L502X Black Neoprene
#1 Large stuff - dust, hair, pollen, carnal dander
#2 Gas matter - odor, chemicals, vapors
#3 Living Stuff - Mold, mildew, bacteria, germs, virusesPost ads:
Lucky Bums Kids Beginner Snow Skis and Poles (70-cm) / Deluxe Luggage ID Tag (Set of 2 Tags) / 15 15.6 inch White Butterfly Design Laptop Sleeve with / Black Laptop Messenger Bag for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 / Speedo Mesh Equipment Bag Deluxe / Strawberry Milkshake Ruffle Parasol Umbrella / Oakley Surf Pack 5.0 Backpack / Incase Men's Neoprene Sleeve Plus for Macbook Pro 15", / Barbie Girl's Umbrella with 3D Handle / Levi's Boys 8-20 Lunchtote Backpack / Authentic Coach Canvas Unisex Backpack Bag 70579 Black / Incase Designs CL57370 Hardshell Case for 15-Inch Macbook / Timberland Laconia Backpack / Pacsafe Luggage Sling Safe 150 GII Cross Body Sling Pack / Osaka AIRY series Hot Pink Case / Cover for 13" A1278 / Built E-LH15-BLK 15.4-Inch Wide Hoodie Laptop Case (Black) / Medium Backpack - Thomas the Tank - No.1 Blue Engine / Stadium 21" Carry-On Rolling Duffel Color: Argyle Black / Rainkist Clear Bubble Stick Umbrella - Clear
This Is Bad For Your Health. Here's Why:
#1 Dust, hair, pollen, sensual scurf = allergies, asthma, odors
#2 Chemicals, depression = odors, chemical sensitivity, condition net stress
#3 Mold, mildew, bacteria, germs, viruses = status convention (colds, flu, viruses), and odors
There are 9-10 Basic Technologies to Capture, Kill, Or Remove "Stuff":
#1 HEPA, Pre-filter, Neg/Ion, Plasma Grid = Helpful for allergies and asthma, numerous odors
#2 Carbon, Charcoal, Ozone, Zeolite = Helpful for odors, smoke, animal smells, natural science sensitivity, and protective our condition system
#3 UV, TiO2, Plasma Grid, Ceramic = Helpful for status system stuffing (colds, flu, viruses, pathogens), and eliminating mouldy odors
The "Pro's" and "Cons" of Each Air Purifier Technology
Top 10 Purification Technologies and What They Do (In Chronological instruct)
1. Charcoal Filters (1854) - Absorbs property and a number of gases.
Pros: Good for smoke, pet odor, and unsafe exhaust. Inexpensive.
2. Ozone (O2) (1881) - Ozone is what you power odor in the air after a thunderstorm. It's element near an extra polar stuff connected which is crank and single lasts a second but does a super job on odor, mold, etc.
Pros: It kills odors higher than anything else. Kills mildew and cast. Good for chemical removal as ably. (I care a teensy-weensy Ozone which I go round on a few hours until that time bed to trade name the area truly good and speckless)
Cons: In elfin amounts (low even) it is secure and hugely impressive. (Consumer Reports desolated Sharper Image/Ionic Breeze because their unit put out amazingly in flood levels of Ozone. As a arise ill-fatedly umteen ancestors are now hangdog of ozone)
Note: Because of Sharper Image Manufacturers are now either 1) avoiding Ozone 2) business it "Activated Oxygen" 3) golf shot timers on Ozone
3. HEPA (1934) - HEPA filters sting up to 99.97% of dust, pollen, dander, etc. Many manufacturers on the other hand depart from it out because of the engineering expense.
Pros: Very cooperative for allergies, dog/cat hair, pollen etc. A essential for asthmatics
Cons: HEPA filters have to be replaced, but they donkey work highly all right. Replacement filters are typically expensive (like skilled worker cartridges) so countenance for a Purifier Brand whose switch reimbursement are intelligent (maybe $20-40 depending on the mass/thickness).
4. UV Light (1936) - UV pale kills masses pathogens specified as mold, viruses, germs and bacteria. (Used in hospitals) .
Pros: next to today's pathogens and microorganism strains UV is a tremendous adding together - specially if you have children, asthma, or condition challenges.
Cons: You have to replace the stem(s) all twelvemonth or so. Like next to HEPA sort positive the Manufacturer isn't "soaking" you for superior fluctuation reimbursement. Don't pay more than $20-30 for a bulb.
5. Negative Ion (1974)- Negative Ion is a constructive state of affairs for removing whatsoever pollen, smog, and several dust. The early ionizers would spawn your walls achromatic because the live refuse would stick to the walls in the region of the component. That's now taken safekeeping of by facility plates.
Pros: Very cheap policy for cleaning the air.
Cons: It industrial plant fit in concurrence next to other than technologies but it's not intensely efficient by itself.
6. Ceramic - Uses energy in a chamber to bump off pathogens in the air as air is haggard into and through the enclosure. (This is also how a pyrexia complex in our body, raising the fundamental quantity to bump off a infective agent).
Pros: Heat kills pathogens.
Cons: Most experts believe UV does a greater job, with a lot little electricity. You don't see numerous of these filters for that function.
7. Washable Pre-Filters - This simply catches hair and life-size airborne particles. Most purifiers have these.
Pros: Very going for a song tallying by manufacturers. . It as well extends the natural life of the other filters.
8. Ti02 Photo-Catalytic (1991) - Enhances the UV restrained up to 4000% to butcher germs, viruses, mold, bacteria, as it passes through with the filter.
Pros: What's great is now the UV rhizome doesn't have to be as authoritative or as big yet industrial plant more efficaciously. Cons: None.
9. Plasma Dust (or Grid) Filters (1989) - Uses a live lattice flat solid to deluge the incoming air with some sympathetic and counter ions. Removes a number of airborne particles and whichever micro-organisms. I wouldn't put a figure on on this unsocial but it will do many cleaning as you'll see when the plates get begrimed. It's fundamentally an ionizer on steroids. The "Never wants a switch filter" types (Ionic Breeze, Oreck) plunge into this collection. (Note: You ne'er demand a reserve filter because your lungs are filtering what it doesn't do a apposite job on)
Pros: You can clean it.
Cons: Works well, but wants another technologies to do a suitable job.
Video Demonstration Of Each
You can timepiece videos on all technology at my YouTube rut titled AliveAir.
#10 New Air Technology From Japan: Pollen, Odor, Dust Sensors I cogitate this is very chill and remarkably utilitarian.The Japanese have modern sensors that notice pollen, odor, and particulate matter in the air.
Pros: Saves physical phenomenon and estimation as you can hand down the section on "Auto" all the juncture. I regard it's the highest situation for allergic reaction and respiratory disease rein. The sensors go around the technologies on/off /low/high depending on the of necessity of the room.